The GMB Yorkshire and North Derbyshire region has a special arrangement with the ‘Tax Refund Company’ to find out if you’re due a tax refund. If you’ve been employed at any time during that last 4 years and haven’t checked whether you are owed a refund, here’s your chance.
The main points to consider are as follows:
- 97% of applicants do not expect to get a refund when they fill in the claim form as they assume their employer has deducted the correct amount of tax!
- Nearly 1 in 3 members using the service receives a tax refund
- Unless you receive a refund, it’sENTIRELY FREE OF CHARGE
- ONLY if you receive a refund, will a fee of 39p in the pound (inclusive of 20% vat) be deducted from your refund
- In the VERY RARE case The Tax Refund Company finds an underpayment, only you will be informed. However, they will (if requested) work FREE OF CHARGE, to help reduce the amount you should pay back. In many cases, they’ve managed to get the Revenue to cancel underpayments entirely!
To see if you’re due a refund click here where you will be able to apply online or print off a copy of the application form below.
For further details on the service call the application advice line
on 0845 058 2288
Remember, you have absolutely nothing to lose!
Number of members taking up the service - 21,628
Average Tax Refund - £169.22
Total Tax Refunds Recovered for your members - £617,155