From care and NHS workers to airport and energy staff, schools and people working in supermarkets and so many other jobs, we know GMB members are on the frontline of the coronavirus emergency.
Our priorities as your union are:
1. Keep members safe
2. Ensure wages continue to be paid
3. Secure the future of industries that will be under threat if they are forced to close for a longer period of time.
GMB is also an employer, and will be impacted like everyone else. We already have a number of employees in self isolation, but we are going to do our very best to continue to provide the best possible support to members.
What GMB Union is doing:
• Working with employers to put safety and employment protections in place
• Taking on bad employers who are refusing to keep employees safe
• Calling on government and speaking to politicians to urge them to take action on public health, but also on securing the economy so that jobs are protected. Any public aid for companies must be dependent on security for workers.
What should members do if they need help?
• Contact your workplace rep or Officer as a first port of call
• Visit the GMB coronavirus hub where we will be continually updating advice for members
• If you are unable to contact a rep or officers, call the UnionLine Coronavirus phoneline on 0114 2962072 (please only do this if really needed as it is likely the phone line will be quite busy).
Government advice is constantly changing. GMB will update our coronavirus hub regularly, including with frequently asked questions about what to do if you are exposed to coronavirus or required to self-isolate.
Follow the link below for your rights at work