Some of the country’s best loved products are made by GMB members – but it’s fair to say that they don’t always get the recognition they deserve.
Manufacturing needs to be at the heart of any industrial strategy if the Government is to build a strong and sustainable recovery.
With real challenges on the horizon, we all need to stand up for manufacturing in the UK.
Above all, we need to tackle the myth that Britain ‘doesn’t make things anymore.’ That’s why GMB has launched the We’re Making It campaign.
Celebrating our members’ achievements and diversity; campaigning to protect fair wages and high-skilled jobs.
That’s what this campaign is all about. It’s time that manufacturing workers were given the support and recognition they deserve. GMB is right behind them.
GMB’S KEY DEMANDS
- Invest in manufacturing - the Government must create an environment that encourages manufacturing employers to invest
- Buying for Britain – we need a procurement strategy that supports UK industries
- Trade Deals that deliver for workers and industry, and avoid damaging tariffs on British goods
- Build strong UK-based supply chains to support local communities
- Equality and inclusion - tackle barriers to work wherever they exist
- A balanced energy policy that provides sustainability and security for the UK