UNIONLINE was set up by GMB in May 2014 to provide members with access to a full range of legal services. GMB and UNIONLINE work with other specialist law firms so between us we can provide national and regional support to our members.
UNIONLINE HELPLINE 0300 333 0303
Post: UNIONLINE - PO Box 4987 - Sheffield - S2 9FF.
Call the Helpline for personal injury cases including:
- Accidents anywhere, any time – at work, at home, in a public place and road traffic accidents
- Industrial disease
- Clinical negligence
- Criminal Injury Compensation cases
A UNIONLINE advisor will discuss the claim with you and explain the next steps. They understand that suffering an injury can be very stressful and traumatic so are there to help you. As specialists in Personal Injury they are best placed to assist you in your time of need.
Call the Helpline 0300 333 0303 for:
- Preparation of wills for member and spouse / partner
- Support for members accused of driving offences through the Road Traffic Fund (just 20p a week! – contact Regional Office for details)
Discounted, preferential rates for GMB members and their families for:
- Family law and matrimonial advice
- Conveyancing services
For these services or any other non-work legal problem just call UNIONLINE 0300 333 0303
Have your membership number to hand when calling UNIONLINE
If you have a problem at work:
- Involve your GMB workplace representative first. GMB representatives are trained to help you defend your rights. They will do everything they can to resolve your problem at the workplace.
- If you do not have a GMB workplace representative you are still legally entitled to have a GMB representative accompany you to a grievance or disciplinary hearing. Just call 0845 337 7777 and you will be put in touch with a GMB representative.
- Sometimes problems at work require legal action. That is why Yorkshire & North Derbyshire Region has its own legal department providing expert employment law advice and Employment Tribunal representation.
- If legal action is needed a GMB officer will help you deal with the pre-Employment Tribunal claim requirement to take the complaint through ACAS Early Conciliation.
- Many thousands of workers have been prevented from getting justice by Employment Tribunal fees introduced by the Coalition Government (these can be over £1200 in a single claim). Fees are not a barrier for GMB members as they will be dealt with through the Regional Fee Assistance Scheme.
24 Hour Criminal Law Helpline – call 0300 333 0303:
GMB members often work in occupations that may make them vulnerable to false allegations. You need to know you will get the right level of support when and if it is needed. GMB members accused of a work related criminal offence will get free initial advice and representation. Just call the Criminal Law Helpline number above.
UNIONLINE Law Update
Translated UNIONLINE Leaflets
UnionLine - English.pdf
UnionLine - Czech.pdf
UnionLine - Portuguese.pdf
UnionLine - Gujararti.pdf
UnionLine - Hindi.pdf
UnionLine - Latvian.pdf
UnionLine - Polish.pdf
UnionLine - Punjabi.pdf
UnionLine - Russian.pdf
UnionLine - Scottish Gaelic.pdf
UnionLine - Tamil.pdf
UnionLine - Urdu.pdf
UnionLine - Welsh.pdf
All legal services are subject to Rule 27 in the GMB Rulebook.
UNIONLINE does not use premium line charges, you will not be charged anything in addition to your standard call charge. Calls to this number costs no more than a national geographic rate number (01 or 02) and must count towards any inclusive minutes or discount schemes in the same way as 01 and 02 calls so as not to be charged. Call plans without inclusive minutes or discount schemes are typically charged up to 10p per minute for landlines and between 10p and 40p from mobiles.